It is a boutique hotel in the downtown district and just a couple of blocks away from the Playhouse Square and 4th Street where you will find cute shops and places to eat. House of Blues and the Cleveland State University also isn’t too far away. Other attractions are a short ride way and multiple wheelchair accessible transportation options are available.
The Metropolitan at The 9 Hotel has 8 ADA rooms with grab bars. 2 Standrard King guest rooms have roll-in showers. 3 Double Queen Suites with roll-in showers, and 3 King Suites with both a roll-in shower and bathtub.
[Not a valid template]
- Parking is valet only. Bus and train stations are about 0.7 miles away.
- The entrance is a revolving door that’s wide enough for a wheelchair and has a button to slow down the rotation.
- Ramp (to the left of door) leads down to the semi-accessible front desk.
- ADA rooms available in a Deluxe King, Double Queen Suite (2 beds), King Suite, and on the RSRV level. The Deluxe King and RSRV room have a roll in shower, whereas the Suites (Double Queen & King) have a roll in shower and a separate bath tub with grab bars.
- Floors and hallways are laminate.
- Elevator to all floors, designed for hotel guests and visitors with access codes. Also has a wheelchair button for easier operation.
- Bars are on the 2nd floor with tables and on the rooftop with no lowered tables.
- Restaurant on ground floor with indoor and outdoor seating.
- Hotel accessible bathroom, including family bathrooms.
- Guest computer, printer and fax machine on ground floor.
- Movie Theater has 2 open spaces that can fit approximately 5-6 wheelchairs, depending on size.
Room Details (Suite)
- HVAC system controls have been lowered.
- No extended curtain rods
- Bed is at a lowered height and has a lip around the frame. Open space has been made on either side of the bed.
- Power outlets in open space with one close to bed.
- Bedside nightstand has many electronic plugins
- Television place on a semi-movable track.
- Clothes have a low dresser or closet with lowered bar.
- Vanity mirror in bathroom is lowered.
- The entry pathway in one of the suite rooms was on the narrow side. In this same suite, the dresser handles protruded enough to block access to one side of the bed and the sitting area.