GoAfrica Safaris have over 30 years of experience in the tourism and hospitality industry. It has been a long-time dream for us to create opportunities for travelers with a disability to enjoy the beauty and diversity of this part of the world–our home. GoAfrica Safari operates accessible tours in Kenya, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Uganda, and Rwanda.
5 Reasons for an Africa Safari
- An Africa Safari will allow you to explore the mysteries, magic, and wonders of Africa.
- Like in no other place, here you can still see animals in the wild at a very close distance, from lions, elephants, cheetahs, buffalos, and giraffes just a few to mention.
- Bird life is abundant and in some areas, you will find more than 150 species of different kinds of birds.
- The scenery is stunning, from savannah planes, and tropical forests, to hills and mountains with breathtaking views.
- Experience African Culture where you will have the chance to meet some of the local tribes like the Masai and get a close look at how they live
We work closely with a number of safari lodges and tented camps that have made their accommodations wheelchair friendly. All our major national parks and areas of interest now have either a lodge or camp with good access – you are not limited! One example is the Ol Tukai Lodge at Amboseli National Park and another is a camp at Masai Mara. The team will be there to assist you wherever is requested or needed.
Easy Access for Travelers
With GoAfricaSafaris & Travel, our team will be there to assist wherever is requested or needed, whether you just need help with the planning and to make sure you have accessible accommodations or transport, or if you would like assistance with daily chores. The best part of the safari is that you can design your itinerary. You choose the destinations, activities, and accommodations as well as decide how you want to travel and how long you would like to stay in each location. The tour will work with you to fit your budget.
We provide the following accessories to make your holiday possible:
- Foldable shower/toilet chair – with or without wheels, which can also be taken along on safari.
- Hoist – we provide an electrical hoist for those clients who need assistance with lifting.
- Beach Buggy – for those travelers who spend a few days at the beach we provide a Tiralo beach buggy, which allows you to enjoy the sandy beaches and enter the ocean without a problem.
Between the training and local knowledge, your safari program is made to suit your wishes and abilities. Come and explore the mysteries, magic, and wonders of Africa, and with our experience and expertise, your Africa safari will be perfectly in tune with your needs. We make it possible more than you could ever imagine.
- The accommodations in the parks were all very accessible and of a high standard. We enjoyed the lodges and the great care. All lodges had easy access and everyone was friendly and wonderful, from the garden to the manager.
- I am a 28-year-old C5 quadriplegic who uses a manual wheelchair and knows how loosely the term “accessible” gets thrown around but this tour has the experience to back up this statement as well as the necessary equipment to make it happen.
- Go-Africa also brought a very nice beach chair to the resort to give me the option of going into the ocean. Unfortunately, I didn’t get a chance to try it out because we were pretty busy getting married! The wedding was better than we had hoped! Yvonne made the day extra special with unique touches.