Presidio in Pacific Heights is the Laurel Inn, a boutique hotel. The location is peaceful, out of the downtown rush, and a bus as well as a MUNI station nearby will get you to Laurel Inn and around the city. On the other hand, if you have a vehicle, and there’s also a garage for the inn with two handicapped spaces available. A full bar is open Monday-Saturday and has an area to accommodate wheelchair users.
The Laurel Inn website is a great at making accessibility known and easy to book an ADA room. Room #106 is the only ADA room and has a city view with a kitchenette and roll-in shower.
ADA Room Details
- Door: Lowered peep-hole and doorbell.
- Bed Height: Average/Medium.
- Bed Access: Both sides are open.
- Window Curtains: Rods are extended.
- HVAC (Heat/Cool Temp): On the ground.
- Closet: Clothing-rack and hooks are lowered; safe is on ground.
- Kitchenette: Sink is roll-up.
- Bathroom Sink: Roll-up; shower wall is used as shelf.
- Shower: Roll-in with mounted, padded bench and hand-held nozzle.
- Grab-Bars: Around shower and toilet.