Right in front of the main lodge is an ADA parking spot for the easiest access inside. The lodge has the check-in desk where you get the keys to the cabin. You can also rent videos, fishing equipment and buy some food items, snacks, water, etc.
When renting a cabin, you can use the property amenities. Right outside the lodge is the pool, but there is no lift to get in an out of the water. Next to the pool is a small mini golf course, but no access modifications have been made. A 9-hole golf course also exists on the property; signup required. Just past the mini golf course is a small pond with barrier-free access to a fishing a dock, but no designated ADA parking.
General Cabin Features
- Sleeps: Varies.
- Pets: Yes, ok. Additional fee required.
- Ramp or Barrier-Free Access: Yes.
- ADA Bathroom Modified: Yes.
- Doors Widened: Yes.
- Full Kitchen: Yes.
- Kitchen Modified: No.
- Curtain and Windows Modified: No.
- Daily Housekeeping Cleaning: No.
Simply Irresistible Cabin (one example)
- Sleeps 2 adults comfortably (one queen bed, plus pull-out couch); the bed’s height is high.
- A hot-tub is on the patio with portable, removable grab-bars.
- A stacked washer/dryer unit is available (laundry soap is not provided).
- 2 televisions, each with TV apps like Netflix, Amazon and Hulu.
- HVAC (heating/cooling system) is mounted on the wall and must be kept at a moderate temperature. The controls are out of reach for someone who cannot stand. If you cannot reach the controls, call the lodge desk for help. There’s also a space heater and additional fans if needed in the closet.
- Bathroom sink is a semi-roll-up with a moveable shelf for toiletries.
- Toilet has grab-bars.
- Shower is made accessible by using two ramps; it’s large enough to do so. The shower area has two built-in, corner benches, but there’s also a portable bench provided. The placement of the hand-held shower nozzle requires use of the portable chair. A fixed, showerhead is also available.