Right in front of the main lodge is an ADA parking spot for the easiest access inside. The lodge has a check-in desk where you get the keys to the cabin. You can also rent videos, and fishing equipment and buy some food items, snacks, water, etc.
When renting a cabin, you can use the property amenities. Right outside the lodge is the pool, but there is no lift to get in and out of the water. Next to the pool is a small mini golf course, but no access modifications have been made. A 9-hole golf course also exists on the property; signup is required. Just past the mini golf course is a small pond with barrier-free access to a fishing dock, but no designated ADA parking.
General Cabin Features
- Sleeps: Varies.
- Pets: Yes, ok. Additional fee required.
- Ramp or Barrier-Free Access: Yes.
- ADA Bathroom Modified: Yes.
- Doors Widened: Yes.
- Full Kitchen: Yes.
- Kitchen Modified: No.
- Curtain and Windows Modified: No.
- Daily Housekeeping Cleaning: No.
Simply Irresistible Cabin (one example)
- Sleeps 2 adults comfortably (one queen bed, plus a pull-out couch); the bed’s height is high.
- A hot-tub is on the patio with portable, removable grab-bars.
- A stacked washer/dryer unit is available (laundry soap is not provided).
- 2 televisions, each with TV apps like Netflix, Amazon and Hulu.
- HVAC (heating/cooling system) is mounted on the wall and must be kept at a moderate temperature. The controls are out of reach for someone who cannot stand. If you cannot reach the controls, call the lodge desk for help. There’s also a space heater and additional fans if needed in the closet.
- The bathroom sink is a semi-roll-up with a moveable shelf for toiletries.
- Toilet has grab-bars.
- The shower is made accessible by using two ramps; it’s large enough to do so. The shower area has two built-in, corner benches, but there’s also a portable bench provided. The placement of the hand-held shower nozzle requires the use of a portable chair. A fixed, showerhead is also available.