- Red Line (Heavy Rail): downtown LA to and Mid-Wilshire and North Hollywood passing through several neighborhoods in Hollywood and Mid-Wilshire.
- Purple Line (Heavy Rail): Mid-Wilshire to Koreatown
- Blue Line (Light Rail): South Los Angeles to Long Beach. Stations along the way include Watts, Compton, Willowbrook, Huntington Park, and South Gate.
- Green Line (Light Rail): Redondo Beach to Norwalk. In between, the line serves several neighborhoods and cities, including El Segundo, Hawthorne, and Lakewood. In addition, you can catch the shuttle bus to the Los Angeles International Airport at the Aviation/LAX station.
- Gold Line (Light Rail): from Pasadena through downtown East Los Angeles, Los Angeles which also serves several tourist attractions, including Little Tokyo, Union Station, Southwest Museum, Chinatown, and the shops of Old Town Pasadena.
- The Expo Line is a new Metro Rail light-rail line under construction between Downtown Los Angeles and Santa Monica. Expo Phase 1, from Downtown Los Angeles to Culver City slated to open on or about April 15, 2012, and the rest is estimated to be completed by 2016.