- Main-Front Door: Automatic with push-button.
- Check in Desk: Medium height; no wheelchair modification.
- Elevators: Yes.
- Lobby Toilet: Yes, accessible.
- Bar: Yes, on the rooftop. Reservations needed. Not many accessible places to lounge.
- Fitness Center: Yes, but no automatic-doors.
- Pets: Yes.
Five rooms at the NYC Hotel 50 Bowery are designed for ADA access, and the hotel’s website does a good job identifying these rooms and the types of beds. One room sleeps two people and the others are capable of more. All of these accessible rooms have a roll-in shower. Here are more details:
- Closet: Lowered bar.
- Bed Height: Medium
- Bed Access: Both sides open.
- Windows: Extended rods for curtains.
- Mirror: Full-length.
- Sink: Roll-up.
- Shower: Roll-in.
- Shower Bench: Mounted and padded.
- Nozzle: (2) Hand-held and overhead.
- Towel Hook: Lowered and within access of bench.